General IRC Help
- Q: How do I change my nickname to something else?
- A: If you want to change your nick to a123 you would type: /nick a123 *replace a123 with a nick of your choice
- Q: How do I join another chatroom?
- A: To join #help, you would type /join #help *Replace #help with the room of your choice
- Q: How do I leave a chatroom?
- A: Type /part #room
- Q: How do I register my nick?
- A: Simply type: /msg nickserv register your_email your_pass *replace your_email with a valid email and your_pass with a password of your choice
- Q: How do I login to my nick?
- A: To login to your nick type: /msg nickserv identify your_pass *replace your_pass with the nick's password
- Q: I want to have more than one registered nick, how should I do this?
- A: Use the group command: /msg nickserv group your_other_nick nicks_pass *replace your_other_nick with the nick and nicks_pass with the nick's pass
Channel Administration Help
- Q: How do I kick someone from a room in the web chat?
- A: To kick someone from the webchat via a menu you need Halfop/Op/Chan Admin/Owner (%/@/&/~), if you have one of these simply click on the nick you would like to click and it will popup a menu and select kick.
- A2: If you would like to kick via a command type /kick #channel_name their_nick reason